Monday, June 16, 2008

7 years ago today I was saying. . .

Matthew, today I take you as my husband, committing myself to love and to serve you for the rest of my life. I know, and I affirm to you, that love is not merely the emotion I feel right now, but it is bond between us that we strengthen as we depend on eachother and on God during the challenges of life--a bond that I never will break. I promise to you that I will be patient and understanding as we both strive to answer God's call for our lives, learning and growing together.

I love you today deeper than that day seven years ago. Thank you for your steadfastness in your love for me.

4 comments:

Holly Grant said...

WOW, 7 years? I can't believe it! Congrats. Ya'll are both wonderful people and I am so happy for you. Here's to 70 more years (come on, you can do it)!

Matt said...

Did we know seven years ago what it would take for our bond to "strengthen"? It's not an easy process, but it is real and affects us powerfully. You have indeed shown me much more than emotion in love, and I'm the better for it. Thank you.

annalee said...

happy anniversary kinzie!

annalee said...

(oops, somehow i didn't get to finish my message...) so happy for y'all and 7 years. when you and i were 7 years old we had no idea who we would marry but i'm so glad for our husbands now!