Monday, December 11, 2006

Sadness

I sit here, three days left to go out here, trying to process the incredible sadness I’ve been feeling in my soul over these last few days. This past weekend was filled with last conversations, times of encouragement and being encouraged, laughter, tears. As we were all praying on Friday night, I acknowledged that part of my heart will remain here—with these beautiful people that have allowed us to be a part of their lives. This I say to you, dear friends. . .

“I still remember all the wonder,
The glorious thrill of meeting you,
The momentary spell of splendor,
Spirit of beauty pure and true.

When sadness came upon me, endless,
In vain society’s direst days,
I heard your voice, your accents tender,
And dreamt of heaven in your face.

Now once again my heart is racing,
Proclaiming the renewal of
My former tears, my inspiration,
My sense of God, and life, and love.”

-Alexander Pushkin

I love you all.
-Makinzie

1 comment:

Dr. Liam Corley said...

Three days was long enough for Jesus to be betrayed, crucified, and raised from the dead. Something to think about :)

Can't wait to see you "on the other side" !!