Monday, November 20, 2006

December 16th

Malika and I meet once a week to talk, read, and encourage one another; we just finished our time this evening. In case y'all were wondering, she did end up going to Krasnodar--had two opportunities to begin discussions with people about His love on the 28-hour train ride; she is a beautiful woman of love and truth, and it made my heart happy to see her encouraged through meeting with her friend and connecting with people along the way. I feel so blessed to find a sister out here in whom I've been able to connect with in such a deep way so quickly.

Brings me to my confusions as of late. . .this past Saturday marked the four week countdown until our return to the states; this past weekend was one of beginning to and furthering connections with some friends of old ("old" being a relative term, since our journey here has only been one of three months in total) and new friends. At times, I've gotten down about the few weeks we have left in Moscow (just as were starting to hit that breakthrough point in some relationships, we're returning), other times I weep from a deep sadness as we stand at the metro doors closing, waving to our friend as she journeys back to her home, and still other times, I feel pressure and feel the need to be in panic mode and do, do, do in order to compensate for the December 16th return date quickly approaching.

Working through all these pulls and feelings, I have been reminded tonight in 1 Peter to put this quickly approaching date behind me for the time being and just "love. . .deeply,"--man, I like that phrase. With our imminent return to the i.e., I am excited and further convicted about some practical discussions Matt and I've had about how we might live lives that are "holy in all that [we] do." Pray that we might fervently continue our journey out here for these next few weeks; thank you for you guys' partnership and encouragement; we are blessed to have y'all out here in Russia with us.

Love y'all-
Makinzie

2 comments:

Butterfly Kisses said...

you're doing great...keep the faith and we'll keep praying. can't wait 4 u 2 meet katelyn (in arm nursing). we miss u guys so much. chip & kelly watched j & g last night while we went on a hot date at wendy's fast food (jj). you can read my most current post for a humorous summary of that. luv u guys-----di

Amy said...

It sounds like you and Matt are each living in that difficult, but blessed, tension of knowing you only have a certain amount of time to be there in Moscow. I am sure that we should all experience some of that tension everyday in our lives...since we are ALL only here for a certain period of time. I remember those feelings well from other overseas experiences I have had. I know God will continue his faithfulness to you, and I am celebrating all God is doing in and through both you and Matt there in Moscow. I also wanted to say thank you for your encouragement to me via my blog. You are such a dear friend, Makinzie. Love to you and Matt - Amy