Monday, September 04, 2006

27 hours later . . .

After 27 hours of traveling, we've made it! Our flight to London was actually refreshing, and we were able to get some much needed sleep. My favorite line out of Matt's mouth was when we landed in London was, "I love it." We were touched and encouraged by people we met along the way of our trip out here and felt the Spirit holding our hand and we made this journey. As I reflect on our first 12 hours here, I am a bit overwhelmed by the lack of my knowledge of the language and request prayers for knowledge of how to prepare for this Listening/Speaking class I will teach tomorrow. I sense this real need to be bold (maybe that is because of the short time we have out here). Better get to work. . .

-Makinzie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...27 hours! So glad to know you have arrived. You both have been in our thoughts and prayers often the past two days. We miss you already! I am sure you both are experiencing an avalanche of newness...I hope you are able to find some space to rest and recover even as you dive in to your new life! Lots of love to you both :).

Dr. Liam Corley said...

Glad to hear that the flight provided some sleep. I hope the dreams were encouraging too ;) Liam