Thursday, September 21, 2006

Home

As I got to the university today, rode the bus over here with a student, I realize that this is my home right now. I feel this sort energy around me and in me as I come closer to the end of the 1 1/2 hour journey out here and am encouraged and blessed with joy as a result of my interactions with people today. I thank God for Nelly, a babushka (grandmother) who speaks only Russian, who tries so hard to have a 3/4 sentence conversation with me (acting out words so that we can connect). And, Vlad, a student whose liveliness is contagious and who is the spreader of so much joy in my classroom. And, Lily, a sweet 16 year old who is here from Siberia and has a spirit of peace that I am touched by. I am sweetly reminded that, for now, this where my energies and spirit should lie, which brings a smile to my face. This is my home.

There was an explosion at a sewage plant, which cut off water to some suburbs of Moscow. Three students are without water and will be staying with us tonight. Starting Sunday, we will have 5 people from a church in Florida that are going to help out with the student retreat this next weekend. I pray and am reminded that this flat that we have out here is not ours; I pray that I will gratefully give it over to His service and be a spreader of love as He touches those that enter our home.

-Makinzie

No comments: