Thursday, October 19, 2006

мой муж

I was holding midterm meetings today with my students and had a two hour break while they were in class, and since I didn't have to finish preparing for today's lesson, I decided to head over and sit in on Matt's class. The last time I sat in on Matt's class was, I think, around 3 1/2 years ago with Ben one time when he was visiting. It was only the second time the class had met, so Ben and I pretended to newbies and joined in; I think Matt still has the little journal entry Ben wrote that evening--that Ben, he's a funny guy. Anyhow, it had been a while since I had sat in on a class of Matt's. I always knew this but to witness it first hand gave me a renewed sense of excitement for what God is doing through Matt. He creates an encouraging environment in which students can learn, grow, and challenge eachother--and he includes himself as a learner in this environment, which was a gratifying thing to witness and be apart of. Y'all might have noticed that Matt hasn't posted anything in a while. He's in the middle of a job application process for the next school year; with those extra duties and wanting to be at his best as he prepares for class, he is left with little time for much other than working and sleeping. He's tired and has a few more weeks to go of craziness. And, so, I ask you friends to lift him up today. Love you guys.

-Makinzie

1 comment:

JennO said...

As we have been exploring the sermon on the mount, this beautfiul way Jesus presents - this way that the chosmos are ordered- is sucha learnable psoture. we reference both of you of how you may know thing but always put yourself in a posture to learn, a posture not above others but with others. thank you for teaching us so much