Monday, October 09, 2006

Box Springs' Smiles

My students back in California keep coming to mind, and, when I think of them, I am reminded of their innocence and the purity of their love for those around them. Even out here in Moscow, I am touched by their unfailing desire to seek out happiness for the people that come into their sphere. I know no students will be reading this, but for you parents out there, I thank you for the joy that your children bring to the lives that they touch.

Children with cognitive delays in Russia are either kept in their home or sent to an orphanage/institution. This is something I've been really wrestling with. And, so, I ask for your prayers this week as I seek out to make contact with an organization in Moscow that works with parents of students with cognitive delays. I am in hopeful anticipation that I can be further used in that capacity.

-Makinzie

No comments: