Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Things I like about Moscow on this last day in October . . .

  • The first blanket of snow (will post a snow picture later)
  • Having to be careful the next day after the snow to make sure I don't slip and fall on the ice (which I expect will happen more than once before our time here is finished and am fully prepared to laugh at myself)
  • Having my husband done with his applications--yea!
  • Fun Russian phrases: spokey nokey (good night), super pooper (great)--Matt doesn't find this one funny because of his lack of appreciation for crude humor, yolkey palkey (Christmas tree/statement of surprise).
  • There is no mentioning of Halloween at the university because appearently a while back someone pretty high up in the government filed a complaint against the university concerning RACU forcing students to wear scary costumes and practice the "Catholic tradition" of Halloween, which was completely unfounded (OK, so this wasn't something I like, so much as something I find amusing).

Love you guys-

Makinzie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone around here has been talking about the Facing the Giants movie. I haven't seen it, but One Night with the King is awesome too! Yay, it's almost Kinzie's B-day!! & Yay for snow! & more importantly, yay for applications being done, our office was a mess with papers & cartridges & envelopes!!

Amy said...

Happy late birthday, Kinzie! Congratulations on finishing the apps, Matt. What a fabulous feeling! I don't know about for you guys, but time feels like it is just FLYING by here! I have 10 weeks to go before baby #4 makes his appearance and I can hardly believe it!! We are all mostly good, after the stomach flu swept through our little clan. Three small kids, lots of vomiting and diahrreia (sp?)...so glad THAT"S over! :)

I look forward to seeing your snowy pics...blessings to you both!

Rachael said...

Sorry this is late, but happy birthday Makinzie! I'm glad you're applications are done Matt. Enjoy the snow for me!

Butterfly Kisses said...

Kinzie,
We miss you guys so much. Thanks for the fun things about Moscow. Those Russian words sound super funny. You make me smile...even thousands of miles away, via your blog entries. We're in love with our new little addition; Katelyn was born eleven days early on October 8th. She's perfect and we're doing well...though a bit sleep-deprived, as to be expected. Looking forward to seeing you guys after the holidays. Check out my blog if you get a chance...mariposakisses.blogspot. com. Love you guys,
--Di

Butterfly Kisses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.