Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Half-way

Today marks the middle point of our journey out here in Moscow. (I know this sounds generic, but) It seems like only yesterday we left California to follow a call out here. Here are some pics from the night our friends gathered to send us off--thanks again O'Farrells and Meyer-Reiths for putting the night together, and thanks to everyone who came and loved on us. It was so uplifting to have y'all there, and the night further instilled in us that we are out here in Russia thanks to the beautiful community of family and friends that are such a dear part of lives. I apologize for the awkward crying/teary eyed pictures; I put these up partly so I can see and be encouraged by them when I open the blog these next few days and partly because I know that there are some oh so curious moms out there that would want to see as much as they can of our lives--love you, Moms. (My favorite one is the one where Cliff is gingerly caressing Tom's leg--it makes me laugh).







This first leg of our journey has been a beautiful time of encouraging and being encouraged, of walking through life with the students and other friends, of growing in His love and our love for eachother, and of sharing that love with others. I thank you Father for giving us this opportunity and for providing us a web of support both here and back home to help us along our way.

-Makinzie

1 comment:

Dr. Liam Corley said...

Halfway? I'm staggered--I'm floored--I'm. . . desperately looking at the calendar. . . that means I'm halfway through my quarter too!

Every day is precious, you two. You've squozen (corley past tense, usually used in reference to small children) every moment of life there thus far, and we'll be praying that the next month and a half is as full of opportunities to love and serve.